Atlantic Brain and Spine is seeking a Physician Assistant (or SFA-NP) motivated to learn new skills and take on the challenge of continuing to reinforce and build a solid practice platform with our experienced neurosurgeons. Our growing practice employs 6 neurosurgeons, 11 Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners.
What sets our practice apart? The makeup of our surgical group includes the only endovascular neurosurgeon in our region, a world leader in lateral access exposures, and one of the top robotic lateral spine surgeons in the country also assisting with robotic improvement projects. Our surgeons have ongoing exposure to new ideas, equipment and technique advancements, and embrace the challenge to be on the cutting edge of neurosurgical technology.
Who is a good fit? This job is fast paced and requires a candidate willing to take on the challenge of learning the specifics of Endovascular Neurosurgery both on and off the job during their introductory period. Call requires 48- or 72-hour rotation (M/T; W/R; F/S/S), with additional compensation per day. Candidates should be invested in patient satisfaction and providing a good customer service model. New graduates welcome to apply. The ideal candidate will work to maintain constant communication with their attending, being an integral piece in executing the patient’s plan of care.
Work Schedule: Full-time. M-F and 1 weekend every 6 weeks /1:6 Call ratio
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current Board Certification
- Current North Carolina License Preferred
- Critical Care training/experience
- Desired knowledge/experience Neurosurgery/Neurology/Orthopedic Spine Surgery
- Current prescribing privileges including a DEA license for controlled substances
- Competent in viewing MRI, CT, radiology films used during the medical decision-making process
- Hospital arrival by 6:45 am M-F plus call days
- Surgery Schedule 2-3 days per week
- Clinic days 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, 2-3 days per week; close early on Fridays.
- Primary Call: Responsible for taking first call, patient consults, and acting as surgical first assist. Must be within a 30-minute travel radius when on call to NHRMC
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- CME allowance
- Dues & Memberships