Janet McHenry is a Family Nurse Practitioner from New York and has recently relocated to the Wilmington Area. She and her family love the area and she enjoys all water related activities, gardening and watching baseball. She joined Port City Neurosurgery and Spine in October 2020, following a four-decade nursing career where she held a variety of roles including Nurse Practitioner, bedside critical care nurse, manager, and educator. For thirteen years, Janet practiced as a Nurse Practitioner for the department of neurosurgery at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY. She remains the co-primary investigator for the Bronx site on a National Institute of Nursing Research study, exploring disability post-subarachnoid hemorrhage and genetics. For many years she precepted FNP students for Columbia University and has been a guest lecturer delivering the neurologic content. In addition, she has lectured extensively on a variety of neurologic topics to nurses and community members.
- Diploma Nursing graduate: Cochran School of Nursing in Yonkers, NY
- BSN and MS in Nursing: Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, NY
- Post-Master’s Certificate as an FNP: College of Mount Saint Vincent, Bronx, NY
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice: New York University
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses of NYC (past president)
- Lisa Colagrossi Foundation Medical Advisory Board
- Brain Aneurysm Foundation
- ANCC as an FNP, as a critical care nurse and a neuroscience nurse.